Sunday, January 29, 2012

Welcome

Welcome to my blog! Pull up a chair and make yourself at home. Let me introduce myself.

I dwell in a small home in South Central Florida with my husband, four dogs, and a cat that thinks he’s a dog. Poor LAF cat. When I am not writing, I enjoy reading. While I have my favorite authors and even within them favorite books, I will read anything in desperation. Once, I even read the yellow pages. My husband’s best feature is that not once has he complained about the household book budget being larger than all our other bills combined.

What else have I done, you ask. Community theater allowed me to spread my wings while in college. I juggled and made balloon animals at children’s birthday parties. During a dark period of my early adulthood, I was a corporate tax accountant. For a while, I ran a small EMS company. I trained and partnered with a Search and Rescue dog. I spent 10 months as a full-time AmeriCorps Volunteer teaching fire safety to Philadelphia area school children as a member of the Red Cross. Once, I even held a position on the board on a small science fiction and fantasy convention.

Can I offer you some ice tea? Or maybe those visiting from colder parts would like some hot chocolate? Please, stay awhile and tell me about yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment