Monday, May 14, 2012

Dance Like a Chicken Day

Today is Dance Like a Chicken Day. Come on, you know you want to do. Let's all Chicken Dance!

I have to admit this is one dance that my husband refuses to ever do. Which makes the following memory on of my favorites.

Before my husband and I were even a couple. In fact, before we even considered the possibility of being a couple, he took me to visit his parents,who live outside of New Orleans. Now, I am not sure how we came to the discussion to take this trip together.  Maybe the fact I was bored and had never been coupled with our being best friends contributed largely.

While we were on this trip, his mother showed me all the family photo albums. Shortly, she pointed to a picture of my husband as a teenager dancing the Chicken Dance. I had never seen the chicken dance. In fact, I had never heard of it. She asked him to show me. He refused at first. But, slowly, she cajoled him into it.

This is the one and only time that I have ever seen him do this dance. He hates it. But, for me, he swallowed his pride, flapped his arms, and wiggled his butt. If that isn't true friendship, what is?

I love to give him Chicken Dance items and playfully ask him to demonstrate again. But, nothing beats the fact that the one time he danced this as an adult was just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment