Saturday, May 5, 2012

Get Caught Reading Month

Wow, I just learned that May is Get Caught Reading Month. It may now become my favorite month of the year. It was established in 1999 to remind everyone (no matter their age) how fun it is to read. I just can't imagine having to be reminded that reading is fun. 

In honor of this month, I have decided to try to get caught reading in as many locations as possible.  Periodically during the month, I may blog or tweet about somewhere I got caught reading.

But, we are five days into May already. So where can I remember being caught reading this month.

  • The Depot, a local restaurant where the waitstaff is very tolerant of my nose being stuck in a book.
  • The end of my driveway while waiting for a ride.
  • Walking the five blocks to the laundrymat. Yes, I remember to stop reading and pay attention when crossing streets.
  • At the Red Cross office (during a conference call).
  • Does the Library count?
I can't wait to add more as the month progresses.

Happy Reading, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment