Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Great American Grump Out Day

Today is Grump Out day. When I saw this, I just had to go look it up. Evidently, for this 24 hour period, sourpusses are suppose to refrain from being grumps. Looking at my plans for today, maybe I should postpone it. 

Then again, maybe it will be nice. 24 hours with no frowning, no complaining, no hitting, no...could we get lucky enough...killing.  Could everyone really pitch in and try to make the world a nicer place for just one day? What a wonderful idea.

But, what do they really hope to show with this idea?  One site discusses the connections between negative attitudes, stress, and your health. Could this be accomplished with just one day? Another reason given was to give people permission to lighten up and be friendly, supportive, loving for one day. It is a shame if we really need special permission to act this way. My favorite reason is to have fun. Fun is such an underrated idea for adults.

So, for one day, let's smile and take the world in stride. For me, it is going to be hard. I got volun-told for an activity that I don't really want to do today. But, if I put on a happy face, I can help the others, a group of new volunteers from another organization, have a rewarding experience. So, maybe, for me it is the perfect day for the Great American Grump Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment