Friday, February 10, 2012

Dreams

Most of the dreams I remember involve life threatening, world saving action. Bullets fly. Air ducts are crawled through. Car chases gauranteed.  Almost nightly, I have mini movies play through my mind.

But, lately, I have been having dreams of another type. Not movies, but rather books. Normally, my dreams are full of vivid imagery and in full color. But, these dreams have no pictures, just words. Sometimes, I only hear the words being read. In other dreams, I see the words before me and hear myself reading them in my mind.  No images, but still engaging stories. Ones from which I do not want to wake.

I am enjoying my new dreams as much as my old. But, I wonder...why the switch? What has changed during my days to so profoundly affect my dreams? At first, I thought maybe because I am writing more. But, I have always written. I love to read, but I get plenty of that during my days. I know that I am beginning to spend more time on word choice, but would that have effects on my dreams.

It is a mystery to me. My new dreams are interesting in subject and presentation. But, the lost of my old movies saddens me. I hope one day these dreams will return. It is nice to have a variety of entertainment during my time with Mr. Sandman.

2 comments:

  1. Cool dreams - do you remember any of what you hear/read?? Maybe it's your subconscient telling you what to write?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I remember them clearly. When I do, I grab the voice recorder as soon as I wake up. The story for my current work in progress comes from a whole series of dreams. I finally started writing it, just so Chris would let me rest some at night. Her dreams make me wake up tired.

    ReplyDelete