Sunday, February 26, 2012

Stress Busters

I have always loved when someone tells me that it is good for me to lower my stress. Now, if I knew how to do that then wouldn't my stress already be lower. But stress is bad for your heart, so I went to find some ideas on this topic.

  1. Think positive. No, I don't mean "I am positive this won't work" type of thinking. But rather thoughts like "Tomorrow will be better" or "Someday, I am going to find this funny."
  2. Daily relaxation. Nope, sitting in front of the TV doesn't count. Instead, maybe try some meditation. There are some wonderful guided ones for beginners. Although, personally I prefer Tai Chi.
  3. Develop some stress busters. I like deep breathing. Inhale the good thoughts. Exhale the bad. Saying sorry when I screw also seems to work.  My husband likes to unwind while walking the dog.
  4. Play. When the worlds gets to you, go do something fun. Go to a movie with a friend, read a book, or even play tennis. Remember the fun in life. Smell a flower, write a story, or volunteer for an organization you support.

American Heart Month is coming to an end. But, I hope that you will continue to work on improving your cardiac health. Just because this month is almost over, does not mean you can't set a personal goal for the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment