Thursday, March 22, 2012

5 Reasons I can’t be a SEAL

  1. I am female.
  2. I can’t do 42 pushups in a row. Much less in under 2 minutes..
  3. You have to be able to run 1.5 miles in under 11 minutes.
  4. You have to be able to see without contacts or glasses. Without my glasses, I can’t even find the wall on which the eye chart is posted.
  5. I am too old. Applicants need to be between 17 and 28.

Oh well, at least I would pass the swimming requirement. I can swim 500 yards of breaststroke in under 12 1/2 minutes. Important since I can’t see the edge of the pool or the shore.

3 comments:

  1. It's so obvious I have to do it before anyone else does. I can't be a seal because:

    1. I don't have flippers.
    2. I can't stay underwater for several minutes without drowning.
    3. I don't find female seals in the least bit attractive.
    4. I always prefer my fish with chips and tomato ketchup.
    5. My wife requires that I have a broader range of verbal responses to her in conversation than simply, "Arf!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I confess I used to entertain co-workers with my seal (marine mammal) imitation. Extend arms, turn hands so palms are outward, smack back of hands together while bobbing head and making seal-barks.

    No one ever flipped me a fish, alas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma, your thoughts made me smile.
    TJ, your thoughts made me roll my eyes.
    Well done to the both of you ;)

    ReplyDelete